Alpaca Trek and Tour combo (available by appointment all year round)
Join us and a few alpacas from our herd on a pleasant stroll through the farm! Our alpaca walks are a great way to take in the scenery and enjoy the company of the animals. Tour groups will learn about alpacas, visit our mini mill, and meet our herd of 83 alpacas face to face! We have many years worth of experiences with bus tours catering to groups of 50 at a time, and will also cater to school groups (Covid regulations may effect this). We suggest emailing at least 24 hours in advance to secure a spot.
Please email us at email@example.com to book your visit!
We need the following info in your email:
- Preferred date(s) and time(s)
- # of people in your group
- Age of anyone under 17
- Booking option: Alpaca Trek + Tour Combo or Tour Only or Boys Tour (see below for more info)
Alpaca Trek + Tour Combo
Each trek and tour combo lasts about 60 minutes, and is led by an experienced staff member. Please book your alpaca experience in advance so we can ensure the alpacas are haltered for your arrival!
Our Trek + Tour Combo package includes everything in the tour with the addition of being able to walk with your own alpaca. Our alpaca walks are a great way to take in the scenery and enjoy the company of the animals in a relaxed setting. Each trek is led by our experienced staff members.
Price: $45/Person, $30/Kids aged 11-17, $15/Kids aged 7-10 (under 6 years of age are free but must walk with an adult at all times)
Our fully guided tours will take you from our Boys’ Barn and fields through the path and woods to the Girls’ Barns. You will have the opportunity to learn about our animals as well as the history of how Old Mill Alpacas grew from a starter herd of 6 to over 86 alpacas and counting!
You will have the chance to be up close and personal with our alpacas in the fields while you offer them seasonal snacks provided by us before returning to learn about their luxurious fibre in our processing areas and in our retail store.
Price: $30/Adult, $15/Kids aged 7-17 (under 6 years of age are free but must walk with an adult at all times)
Great for small children and seniors- This tour is 45-60 minutes in length. You’ll stay within our one barn and feed the alpacas with the help of our experienced staff members. Visit the babies and learn about the inner workings of our farm!
Price: $20/ Adult, $10/Kids aged 7-17 (under 6 years of age are free but must walk with an adult at all times)
- Children 10 and under are not permitted to walk an alpaca alone, and must be accompanied by a parent/guardian holding the lead.
- Please wear farm-appropriate footwear and dress for the weather
- Limit of 10 animals per group
- Smoking is NOT permitted on the farm.
- Masks must be properly disposed of OFF our farm! Please do not leave them lying around.
- ALL participants (including anyone not walking an alpaca) must abide by our biosecurity protocols.